Smolenický castle stood on the site of the present Smolenice castle at the foot of the Carpathian Mountains near the village of the same name. It was built in the 14th the last century of guarding castles in the Small Carpathian passes of.
At the beginning of the 15th century was royal property, and later belonged Pezinskí Svätojurskí Earl and the beginning of the 16th century family Országovcov.
Then almost two centuries owned Erdődys.
Castle 19 century burned, so it remained in ruins, from which protrudes only five-edged main tower and bastion of the outer fortifications. Pálffyovci started building the castle ruins historicist construction of the present Smolenice castle.
From the old castle in rebuilding retain only part of the outer fortifications.
Castle reconstructed it after 1945.
Today the castle to do weddings and various meetings SAS with international participation, which is certainly not conducive to maintaining its original character, but on the other hand, it is the lock almost the only source of income, which may cover the costly maintenance.
Open to the public only during summer holidays in July and August!
Surrounding castles: Good Water, Red Stone, Korlátka, Sharp Stone, Swimming Castle.