During the season:
from 1 May to 31 October
the exposure and exhibitions in the building of the castle open
- Monday to Friday 9:00 to 18:00 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday 2:00 p.m. to 18:00 pm. exposure of folk architecture open
- Monday to Sunday 9:00 to 18:00 pm.
from 1 November to 30 April is the exposure and exhibitions in the castle building open
- Monday to Friday 9:00 to 15:00 pm. exposure of folk architecture open to pre-announced visit
Art - historical exhibition
premises situated dodobových Renaissance mansion offers a view of the housing culture of the nobility from the Renaissance to the 20th century.
Gallery rulers in a room Ugrian kings rulers ranging from Stephen I. and ending with Maria Theresa in the form of a medallion with the name, the order on the throne, and the era of the short characteristic of governments in the Latin form of quatrains. Pantheon rulers displayed on the ceiling adds a female allegory of justice and Ugrian countries, coats of arms belonging to Hungaria. Stylistically these paintings belong to early classicism.
Ornamental room offers a view of the original decoration of the illusive discovered during restoration. The freshness of colors are associated with high quality painting workmanship. An interesting solution is part of the arch above the door in a flat plastic package. It will attract the original classical stove.
The facility attracts a small table made of the manner of oriental furniture in the late 19th century. Proposed decoration complement the historic portraits of 18 century.
Ceiling painting depicting the arrival of the Empress Maria Theresa, the gates of the city gave the room a name.
In the four walls of the octagon are built-in wardrobes with disguised door, over which we see scenes of the coronation of Francis of Lorraine, pontificate of Pope Clement IV., The coronation of Joseph II. and Maria Theresa.
The last room of the illusive wall paintings is named "oriental or Chinese room ". The ceiling is a fresco representing the adoption of Arab ambassadors to the Chinese imperial court and then on the walls of genre pictures. Deserve the original plates and vases of Chinese porcelain. Furniture baroque furniture industry is an example of the second the 18th century.
Historical weapons come from Andrássy collection, produced in the Asian and European workshops, courses Smithcraft originally adorned the mansion and vacationers.
In a room furnished as a dining room is a large furniture set from 19th and 20 century by the porcelain manufactories in Karlovy Vary and Teplice in Dubi. Cupboards hide tin dishes from the late 18 century, porcelain and glass from the 19th and 20 century. On the walls hang paintings "Still Life " and "Exotic birds ", the sideboards oil on canvas called 'Interieur "in 1673, up by the Dutchman Lambert Doomer .
As a curiosity worthy of attention with carved branch motif disfigured face - masks. The first floor continues to tour the rooms devoted to religious art in museum collections. The icons come from the Orthodox Church in runit and include them in the art of late-first the 18th century in the so-called. haličsko - Carpathian region ..
Complemented by more icon St. Gifts from Santa Claus and Mother of God of the New Sedlice. Oil on wood is "Last Supper " from around 1770 and comes from the palace chapel. Two oil paintings on canvas from the legend of Samson as of 18 century. Sculptures of Saint. And St. Stephen. Ladislav come from the Roman Catholic church in the hollyhock. Sv. Forián / with banner /, Vol. Rochus, Vol. John of Nepomuk and two angels orodujúci / s wings / coming from the original altar in Jankovci.
Small statues of angels - putti, Vol. John the Evangelist, Vol. John of Nepomuk, the other two angels and sculpture come from God the Father in the church Lukáčovce, as well as a small sculpture of Christ. Today's sacred art represent academic work. painter Nicholas Klimčáka - Pantokrator and Theotokos.
Rooms with light wood paneling on the walls belonged to the ladies' wing of the castle floor. The dominant canopy bed bedroom is made of the Andrássy family in Renaissance style. The device also includes baroque bedroom kľačadlo and is supplemented by images of Samson and Delilah, Still Life and Reading of the Mosaic law of 18
Lined with marble fireplace in the ladies' parlor built in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Wood wall paneling is decorated with gold-plated model in luiséznom style. Rococo furniture, Venetian mirrors and two landscapes of the turn of the 18th and 19 century, creating a cozy atmosphere tea party.
Golden salon is probably the most beautiful room mansion. Gilt sofa in the style of Louis XVI. / Luis-Seize / trojkreslom formed, sofa, armchairs and chairs, as a chess table and console table of 2 half of the 19th century.
Centrally located oil painting on canvas "Diana and Aktion " is the turn of the 17th and 18 century. Portraits are members of the Andrássy family.
Leontine Wenckheim painted in 1866, Austrian painter Franz Schrotzberg, her husband Aladár Andrassy, the owner Humenného unknown author. Julius Andrássy Aladar older brother, is undoubtedly the most famous figure of the family in the 19th century. His portrait and the portrait of his wife Catherine Kendeffi created between 1854 and 1857 French painter Eduard Dübüfe.
Three central southern wing of the room created in the 2nd half of the 19th century. Originally a dance hall now serves as a ceremonial hall vacationers. Mastery of work in the library is primarily a coffered ceiling.
In Slovakia there are many mansions with such well-preserved interior. The ceiling of the original entrance hall is decorated with stucco botahá. The central element is a large fireplace in the upper part of Andrássy coat of arms adorned with the motto Fidelitas et fortitudine.
Men's dark wing of the palace is characterized by oak wall paneling. The device receiving the salon comes mainly from the first half of the 19th century and bears the signs of the Empire style.
Portraits Dénes Andrássy and his wife Frances / owners Beautiful hot / between 1903 and 1904 painted by Gabriel Schachinger and family gallery as Gyorgy Andrassy, Dionysius father and likeness Clara Zichy / youngest daughter of Sigmund Drugeth / 17 century.
Rich stucco ceiling and large fireplace with the family coat of arms Andrássy attracts us to enter into the next room. Originally this room was furnished as an office, is now furnished as a lounge in the Renaissance style. and consists of sofa, table, sideboard and cabinet. The device is safe metal renaissance.
There is a portrait of George III. Drugeth, founder of the College of Humenne in 1613. Andrássy are portraits of Emanuel / Brother Julius and Aladar, author Joseph Borsos /, his wife Gabriela, born Pállfyová / by Kalman Blaas /, Etelka Andrássy, rodeo Szapári / Franz Schrotzberga work in 1843 / and her husband Charles III. Andrassy / author Joseph Borsos, 1844 /.
Empire Salon got its name from the style, which includes furniture and installed some of the supplements. On the walls hang oil paintings representing landscapes and still lifes created in the 17th to 19 century and portraits of family members Csáky. Distinctive interior office is a desk chair with a glass library. Along with round table and two chairs are Italian Renaissance style. The most valuable piece of furniture in this room, a jewelry box, decorated with thin slices of marble on the method called. Venetian mosaics.
Armor, shields, copy, halberds, but also a small mortar / cannon of 17 Century / installed in this section were also in collections of Andrássy.
Fills the interior of a hunting salon furniture of different periods. On the walls hung trophies are a testament to the mansion in Humenné was also known for big game hunting organization of its owners.
Exposition of Folk Architecture and Living
Exposure area is located almost in the middle of a rather attractive and rugged terrain of Upper Zemplín vystihujúcom character. Its area of 4 ha, however, has limited the possibility of a broader view of the construction of surrounding buildings.
Exposure tour begins in a residential building three rooms of the house without timber of parts, consisting of rooms, halls and chambers. It was built before 1 World War II in Klenová and migrated to the museum in 1977.
The walls are made of hewn logs, joined at the corners and zrubením omastené clay. It is characterized by a poor peasant settlement with relatively modest interior serving to cover basic living needs. Inventory consists of only the necessary pieces of furniture, which was mostly concentrated in the living space.
Another residential house marketing solutions derived from Kalna and the site museum was moved in 1976. It is a longitudinal log building with a total length of 25.2 meters, comprising living room "hut" hall "Hall" chambers, barns and sheds with thatched roof.
The walls of beech logs are mounted on a stone wall footing omastené clay. It is a typical wooden building in that region of the second half of the 18th century, continued in various places in the Low Beskydy Bukovské hills and up to 50-ies of the 20th century. House was occupied until 1974.
The living room is a table, bed, desk - safaris, cooking utensils and textiles. The chamber is installed on the production of brooms from birch twigs. The barn is stored agricultural implements (car, sled, plow, plužňatá, mlynok for cleaning grain, sečkáreň, flails and rakes). Pub of the Russian sypancom oxen moved to the museum in 1976.
The object of Olšikova, spatial solution similar to the previous house, barn and is not covered by shingles. The chamber is installed in a typical workshop Kolar inventory (stand and manufacture of wheels, saws, planers, drills, Compasses, etc.). Object by signing the mašternom beams is more recent - 1921. Near the house is built of Olšinkova separate building basement with small barns.
The object coming from the village Zemplínske Hamre is a residential house economic rectangular, 21.85 meters long, consisting of residential and economic section. The object is mounted on the stone wall footing, wooden walls, inside and outside omastené clay, covered with a shingle roof. The chamber and partially installed in the hall pottery workshop with demonstrations of pottery made by Master J. Halamka from Snina.
The dominant feature of each village, the church, usually built on high ground in the field.
Wooden Church of New Sedlice between all the objects in the museum is the oldest museum and the site was transferred in 1974 as the first. Above the entrance to the church is a carved wooden beams on the date of his position, for the 1754th For our area is characterized by three rooms of the East Sacred type construction with timber construction. Trojpriestorovosť three points outside the tower over the central area with wooden domes. Its simple appearance engender confidence, attracted believers in moments of relaxation after a hard work week. The church should reflect the fact that it is the seat of God, with humility, which is shopping around not only the shepherds, as well as loggers and farmers, elders and youth.
All in search of understanding, love and happiness. Today, this gem of folk architecture is admired by thousands of visitors annually the museum, not just their appearance, but its mostly restored iconostasis and altar.
The wooden church steps directed the visitor to the house from residential economic Nechvaľovej Polianky. Ground rectangular log structure consists of a living room, hall and two stables. One was used for the reintroduction of cattle, one for sheep and goats.
Living and the economic part is covered by a common roof. The interior is equipped with only the most basic inventory.
Beside the house is built granary of Výrava. External walls made of wooden beams without external omazania clay, is just filled with grouting. It served for the storage of grain and agricultural tools. Inherent in the village architecture and environment of the village were forge. One sample was transferred to the Nechvaľovej Polianky. It is a rectangular log structure measuring 6 x 3 m with a workshop shelter.
Joints cabin filled with clay, covering plate. Inventory cuts meet its mission. An outbreak of blacksmith bellows (blower), anvil, different types of hammers, pliers and vybíjakov were standard equipment workshop. Under the shelter podkúvali horses in the workshop were made shoes and a variety of agricultural inventory (plows, plužňatá, harrows, hoes, etc.)..
On the way to the next building, three small buildings spread north of the forge: Rocker is well, mow "oboroh" zrubená granary with a cellar.
Residential economic house is on the wall footing Výrava of river stone. Longitudinal construction log consists of a front living room, halls and chambers. The living room is connected tract stall with vent. In the living room and hallway is vyinštalovaný a process for production of hemp and linen (trlice, Štec, spinning wheels, spindle, loom, etc..) In the chamber can admire the different types of wood increases with tĺčkami and press for production of edible oil.
In the village the rivers were in mills. One of them comes from Vyšná Jablonka. It is a dwelling house with associated millrace. Entrance into the living room is designed by millrace.
The living room is outside and inside omazaný clay and whitewashed. The log cabin walls grinding the clay just filled gaps between the beams. The current inventory of the living room is beyond beautiful wedding chest, richly decorated with geometric patterns. The grinding plant attracts the attention of a large wooden mill with a hopper mechanism, with one stable and one rotating stone.
Water fell from the height of the blades and the mill wheel sets in motion a mechanism.
Natural History Exhibition
On an area of 300 m2 in cross-section deals with less familiar organisms / as wood decaying fungi and lichens / a is the species richness and uniqueness of the flora of different habitats in the region. In the zoological part of the exhibition offers insight into various forms of insects, the rich group of birds and small mammals. It builds on the geological, botanical and zoological unique interface of Western and Eastern Carpathians in our country.
Of particular importance are mainly East-endemic whose occurrence in Slovakia is limited to the mountains of the Eastern Carpathians. Geology - is the basis of natural conditions in our region, it consists of three groups of rocks: limestone, volcanic and flysch differ from each other mainly by age and pôvodom.Najstaršie (Mesozoic) are limestone mountains near Humenného where they are most often represented by limestones and dolomites.
They are sometimes found corneal lenses, crystals of calcite and various holes and crevices typical stalactite decoration and such. Brekovskej in the cave. Characteristic of limestone rocks, the incidence of real fossils - shellfish, molluscs, ammonites, and belemnitov numulitov that live in warm and shallow tropical seas. Among younger (Tertiary) rocks are volcanic rocks that make up the whole area Vihorlat mountains.
The basis of the mountains are enderity skamenelú representing a variety of lava and volcanic conglomerates and volcanic ash. The most widespread in this area are flysch rocks, dominated sandstones, claystones, conglomerates and less eye. The mineral quartz is very common (the most interesting form is called. Village on diamonds) and are typical of flysch and lenses of different miner.
In addition to demonstrations and chemical forces of mountain building processes found in the exposure of flysch trace characteristic of marine worms and other animals that live in deep and so cold Mesozoic and tertiary sea.
Zoology - the territory of northeastern Slovakia is also very interesting from the faunistic point of view. In parts of the region with well-preserved vegetation cover (forests, meadows, pastures) representation of species and their corresponding communities Carpathian fauna character.
Of particular importance are the Eastern Carpathian endemic species and species that have lived in the Tertiary and early Quaternary period - the so-called. relics. The exhibition is drawn up by representatives of insects (butterflies, beetles, venom) with samples of several thermophilic species on many birds, aquatic species through the meadow, forest and synantropné to the predators. The tour concluded exposure to larger mammals, such as. otter, forest animals and the largest exhibit - a bison.
Botany - vegetation is not only part of the environment, but also the existence of life on Earth. It reflects man's relationship to wildlife. Examples of wetland plants, forest steppes, forest communities, but also exotic and synatropné (weed) plant species of the region closer to a diverse flora with many rare and protected plant species occurring mostly in the nature reserves.
An interesting forest steppe vegetation in PR Humenská Sokol (isolated limestone island in eastern Slovakia), the grasslands of thermophilic plant community Dubrava or tort pine forests on limestone.
Synatropná vegetation (weeds) is formed and its development is directly related to their human activities. Examples of invasive exotic plants from Asia and America, are here spread into native plant communities and complicate management of native ecosystems and also threaten human health by suggesting a variety of allergies.
The exhibits are also of ferns, prasličiek, club mosses, which we find in our area. And there are also samples of plants occurring in different forest communities in eastern Slovakia.
Gallery SIEN ORESTE Dubayy
Orest Dubay (15th 8th 1919 - 2nd 10th 2005) - graphic designer, illustrator and painter, a prominent founding generation of Slovak graphic art, whose work, especially graphics has long been known in our country and beyond. Temperamental lyricist produce images full of poetry, epic about man and nature and environment that surrounds it. With an unusual urgency and raise serious questions looking for answers about the meaning of human endeavor, a struggle for his place on this planet, of its mission.
The eternal human desire for peace and happiness, filled with songs by his life and his destiny. This is considered for today's date as the main, essential and decisive point of reference Orest Dubayy. The artist is one of the prominent representatives of post-war Slovak graphics.
Along with such masters as V. Hložník, E. Broom, K. Sokol and many others contributed to its high, generally accepted standards. His prints astonish the spectator unaffected simplicity which is far from the simplification. Without further ado we live in May, when the theme of war also urge our actual presence. They reflect everyday and festive days of ordinary people whose lives at first sight is nothing more attractive.
HISTORY OF ROMA IN SLOVAKIA
Section presents a brief history of the Roma in Slovakia since 1322, which dates back to the first written mention of the Roma in our country. Using archive materials - historical photographs, maps, statistics, images and informative texts, literature and publications Roma Roma exhibition captures the life of the Roma in our country.
The documentary is part of the original exhibits by characterizing crafts in which the Roma are well applied in the past. The shows are original musical instruments from the workshop of Joseph Bihari staring, and art works of Roma authors.
At the time of its inception in 1996, was the only of its kind in Slovakia.