At an altitude of 634 m, navápencovej rock above the surrounding land of 200 m, the government Spisska kotlinejedna of the most valuable monuments Spiš prepoštovimiesto that he could build a palace tower.
This was called. provost palace, recently discovered as the first extension to the castle. At that time, najmävšak in the second half of the 13th century, around the castle Many battles took place. Veďhrad became the center of the county.
Often it lived významníhodnostári. In 1275 he took some KOMES Roland, who had rebelled protipanovníkovi. Then Kumánskej belonged to Queen Elizabeth, mother of Ladislas IV. Pen shall be fought in the first half of the 14th century. In 1312 he wanted dobyťMatúš Cak of Trencin, but the castle was defended. Shortly afterwards it was rebuilt in Gothic arozšírili.
In 1443 he won the John Spark of Brandys, fighting for the rights LadislavaPohrobka. As a start on the hillside below the castle, built a small fortified strongholds, then he built a large courtyard walls. So getting the castle slowly dnešnúrozlohu and form. Important historical milestone for the castle was the year 1464, keďpanovník yet still gave the royal castle nobleman Imre aŠtefanovi Zapolya. It is interesting that despite Zápoľský vyše70 owned castles, castle Spišský considered as his master and the castle and lived there. Vovýznamnej zmodemizovali rate it and reconstructed it.
They built a new chapel, a tower rose strengthened in modified Romanesque Gothic style palace, and zamestnávalitých same stonemasons who built their mortuary chapel in SpišskejKapitule.
The castle was also born last Ugrian king John predHabsburgovcami Zápoľský. He was also the last owner of this genus, because it lost the battle for the throne Ugrian, confiscated in March 1528 hradHabsburgovci. But in 1531 he gave Alexius Turzo.
The Turzo siprispôsobili meet its needs and gave many of his buildings renesančnýcharakter. When in 1636 the male line died out, the castle gained Csáky family who owned it until 1945.
True, they used it as the end of the 17th century, because since the beginning of the 18th Csáky family built a century in pohodlnékaštiele Hodkovce, later in Bijacovce, Kluknava usadzovalisa and elsewhere and there. The construction of these mansions used by many building blocks of the castle. Replace only the garrison remained to him but after a fire in 1780 opustila.Od that time, the castle ruins.
Only in recent years after dôkladnýchvýskumoch repairing and reconstructing some parts. Lower nádvoriebolo in 1983 to the public.
When we enter the castle from Hodkoviec, we observe first sophisticated opevnenieniekdajšej main gate.
Today, stand-alone brick stipe hurts pôvodnepospájané beam, and formed the first line of defense. Behind them was a deep ditch, then a high wall forming front of the gate.
When we get to the tower with gotickoubránou of 15 century, before which the sink.
The gate gave zatváraťnielen drawbridge, but also a strong grid, which could be run from the top. Najej place has been taken in the 14th century.
Middle of the central courtyard, get a doctorate, became polkorába house, the walls around the hostel crew were avzadu granary.
On the left, leads a strong gateway to the lower large nádvoria.Pred the building that stood before the gate Barbican, that tower over ktorúbolo should go to the man got to the gate.
A large courtyard, built asiv half of the 15th century, served not only to protect you táboriaceho troops alemohlo provide protection to the large number of surrounding communities. In jehospodnej of the striking circular building foundations. It was a living vežapostavená in the first half of the 15th century, protected by a massive moat and drevenoupalisádou.
Partially served as a weapons storehouse. After building múrovnádvoria partly lost its function strongholds. The inside pages were múrovnádvoria economic objects. Passes through the courtyard of the fortress valupúchovského.
We return to the middle of the courtyard and climb a steep path through the gate dorománskeho ward, much of which was buried before research. Predsebou provost see remnants of the palace, on the place where stood the mill and vskale is carved a small cave. On the other hand, is relatively well preserved románskabrána through which we come to the top of the castle. The upper castle led neskôrďalšia gate that leads into the air like. Initially, it could get to podrevenej construction.
The upper castle is, of course, the oldest and most valuable part of the castle. Once oprotivstupu is embedded in the rock tank, connected to the surface only a narrow otvorom.Vpravo get to the above-mentioned Roman gate in front of her are of recent construction múrypochádzajúce changes castle in the 18th century.
The druhejstrane are original Gothic and Renaissance apartment building owners aužívateľov castle, now adapted as a scenic area with magnificent views došíreho surroundings.
The representative of the original premises and say zachovanégotické Renaissance portals and windows. In the middle space is donjon - kruhováveža, coming to the 13th century, originally available only from výškyprvého floor. Behind it is a huge round masonry buildings považovanejdonedávna the tank. It is not eradicated the remnants of the original castle tower z11.-12. century.
Perished in the first half of the 13th deštrukciepodložia century as a result, when the rock was a big crack. Arcade combine today's chapel tower sgotickou of 15 century, for which there is most valuable časťhradu, powerful, original three-storey Romanesque palace, which was the 15th-16th century Gothic style.
The original architecture is beautiful stľpikyzdružených fine Romanesque windows heads. Builders of these objects were in the 13th century stonemasons from northern Italy. The research is in the tower today našlavyhľbená rectangular hole that could serve as a tank or as ľadovňa.
As seen from the castle's beautiful location and beautiful architecture, it pays to spend prektorú power output of the castle.