In 1642 received Šintava Eszterházy and so the village became the property until the mid 19th century. The castle, which originally stood in the confines Šintava, gradually became part of Sered. One part of the castle was rebuilt in time mansion, the second part was splanírovaná and there was planted an English park. The last noble owner was George Ohrenstein, which he first took the Slovak Republic and sold the study base. In 1945 he won the Czechoslovak state. It was the seat of several institutions and organizations.