Blue Stone Castle is located in the village of Blue Stone in Banska Bystrica region in the district of Great Krtíš. The village lies in the valley streams and creek Krtíšok to contact Ipeľská Krupinská valley and the hills. Altitude in the center of the village is 240 meters above sea level in the confines of 200-504 m asl The southern part of the land area is largely deforested hills of Tertiary marine deposits of the coal-bearing with modrokamenskou (Potorski) fomáciou in the basement. The northern part of the highlands, consisting of rugged ridges Krupinská heights of andesitic tuffs. Is forested with beech and oak stands. It has a brown forest soil and illimerizované.
Blue Stone Castle consists of the upper part of a Gothic-Renaissance The rocky ruins on a hill and lower baroque palace. The origins of its creation dates back to 1137th Owners until the mid 19th century was a Hungarian noble family Balašovcov, which also includes significant Hungarian Renaissance poet Valentine Balaša. The castle in the 13th protitatárskou century became an important stronghold. After the battle of Mohacs in 1526 the Turks've taken greater part of Hungary. Modrokamenský Castle was conveniently located and has become one of the strategic points of defense of Hungary against the Turks. The castle belonged to the Danube defense zone, which ranged from Muran after New Castle. The composition of the Defence had 35 forts. Its medieval form of blurred frequent repairs and remodeling induced by Turkish threat. In 1576 it was still the Turks seized and held it in their hands until 1593. Damaged castle, which is again returned to the property Balašovcov, repaired in the years 1609 - 1612, in the second half of the 17th century, however, was again destroyed. Further extensive repairs were carried out in the years 1680-1681. In 1730 Gabriel Balaša built on the ruins of the lower castle baroque mansion, which apostolic Count Paul Balaša pause and chapel of St. Anny. In the mid-19th century family saga ended Balašovcov of the Blue Stone. The owner of Galicia became Earl Forge, after Count Károlyi. His daughter Gabriela Almášiová him in 1923 sold the state and moved to Hungary. From those times is in the hands of the state. Today the mansion houses the Museum of Puppet Cultures and Toys, one of its kind in Slovakia.