Above the valley of the River Poprad exempts the majestic fortress - Ľubovniansky castle, whose origin is placed on the top 14 century. The history of the castle was written by prominent noble families of Hungary (Omodej, Drugeth) and Polish (Kmit, Lubomírsky and Zamoyski). More than 350 years there were the Polish trustees parts of the file. His visits he was honored equally Poland (Vladislav II. Jagiellovský, John Albrecht, John Casimir, John Sobieski) and Hungarian King (Mary, Sigismund of Luxembourg). During the years 1655-1661 were hidden in the castle Polish crown jewels. In 1768 he was imprisoned in the castle known adventurer Móric Beňovský. The period of the deposit Thanks to the regulation of Maria Theresa in 1772, the first division of Poland. In the 19th century castle owned genus Raiszovcov and at the turn of the 19th and 20 Zamoyski century. The most valuable object is the main castle tower, the recovery available to visitors in 2003. The baroque palace is presented contemporary
furniture, the castle is as well. exhibition of crafts and guilds, Zamoyski family.
Ľubovniansky castle stands majestically since 14 century and dominates the city kindom. The castle was during his past important place for families Hungarian aristocracy - Omodej, Drugeth. Castle and visited the Queen Mary and the king Sigismund of Luxembourg, Vladislav II. Jagiellovský, John Albrecht, John Casimir and John Sobieski.
Ľubovniansky castle made history as the place where in 1412 was the signing of a peace between the kings of Hungary and Poland. Hungarian king Sigismund gave the Polish king Vladislav II. Jagellvskému for 37000 Prague raps as backup Ľubovniansky castle and another 16 Zips towns. Therefore, from the beginning of the 15th the 18th century century, the castle became the seat of the Polish mayors who processed backed up part of the file. The most famous mayors were members of the Polish noble families - Kmit and Lubomirski. And during the years 1655 - 1661 is here and keep Polish crown jewels. In 1768 he was imprisoned in the castle adventurer Móric Beňovský. In 1772, during the reign of Maria Theresa ended the Polish report of part of the territory rather they Lubovniansky castle. At the beginning of the 19th century, the castle became property of the Hungarian family - Raiszovcov, at the end of the century, however, becomes the owner of a Polish noble family Zamoyski. The last aristocratic owner of the nobleman Jan Zamoyski.
Exterior forms-the oldest part of the castle is a Gothic palace with a circular tower abutments. Both states are on the highest hill and is surrounded by the wall with a gate. Later palace was built facing east. Together these three buildings form a courtyard with upper castle. In defense of the castle was built in the second courtyard cannon bastion bastion gun and heart. Construction of the castle was grown on - Baroque palace chapel and the third courtyard. The third courtyard is routed to the southeast before the great bulwark and protect the entrance to the area with a gate and a drawbridge.
The interior of the castle has retained some rooms in the barrel and Prussian vaults, underground torture chamber is preserved. There is a museum, which are still the exposure - exposure period furniture, weapons, exposure zoznamujúc ratings castle with life and pedigree last owners - Zamoyski. The castle has been earmarked as a showroom where exhibitions annually. The administrator of the castle is Ľubovnianske Museum in the Old Lubovna. Castle tour lasts 80 minutes and the visitors have a choice - tour with the manager, or an individual with an accompanying text.
Directly below Lubovniansky castle museum is located - village life in the past. Visitors are transferred many centuries. Open-air museum consists of 25 buildings, including log smithy of 19 century mill, carpentry workshop and dominant exposure is rustic Greek Catholic Church. Integral part of the interior of the baroque-classical iconostasis. The church is an important cultural monument of sacral architecture in eastern Slovakia. Visiting the museum takes about 45 minutes. An ideal tip for a weekend trip with a rich historical program visitors will find on Lubovniansky castle and the nearby open-air museum.
V. - IX. 9:00 to 18:00 (1-7) / day
X. - IV. 10:00 to 15:00 (2-7) / except Mondays
V. - IX. 9:00 to 18:00 (1-7) / day
X. 10:00 to 15:00 (2-7) / except Mondays
IV. - IX.9.00 - 17.00 (1-7) / day
daily X. 9:00 to 16:00 (1-7) / day