The center of the cultural life of the upper classes was Kežmarský castle. It is the only completely preserved castle in the Spis region. The first written mention of it is from the 1463rd
Gothic castle city on the eastern edge Kezmaroc under Zámocký hill. Open to the public, with exhibitions and collections muzálnymi.
Builders and first owners were brothers, and Imrich Stephen Zápoľský. The last owner was Ferdinand Rueber and in 1702 it was bought by the town Kežmarok. In the 2nd half. 19th century. appeared the first attempts to repair the castle and the establishment of the museum in it, but the realization of this idea occurred in 1 half of the 20th century. Exhibitions were opened up in 1931 and currently it available historical exposure that say about the development of the 13 to 19 century and its surroundings. Every year the castle held various festivities and celebrations associated with folk craft. Entry is possible in the whole area, including the castle to castle chapel and the tower.