Orava Gallery in Dolny Kubin was established in 1965 located in the Orava Podzámok. In 1970 the County acquired the house, which it still serves to implement a comprehensive gallery of professional activities. Systematically collects, manages, preserves, documents, and makes use of cultural and educational work of all disciplines of visual arts domestic and foreign origin of each historical period and the present.
- In 1971, made available to permanent exhibitions gallery "Slovak traditional folk sculptures and paintings " the art of the middle island Slanicky Orava dam, which was in 1973 by the exhibition "Orava stonework of the 18th and 19th Century "
- Since 1979 in Tvrdošín - Medvedzie opened another permanent exhibition of the lifetime of the painter Mary Gregor,
- Orava Gallery during its existence, systematically building in addition to classical art collections and a representative collection of Slovak folk and naive art. Among the most dynamically developing regional galleries in Slovakia
- Orava Gallery has placed all of its exposure in the districts of Dolny Kubin, Námestovo Tvrdošín the only Slovak gallery operates its own boat SLANICA to transport visitors to exhibitions of traditional folk art in Slanicky island art
- Collection is eight artistic disciplines in the number of about 7,000 pieces of art works
- The newly-reconstructed exhibition spaces annually prepares 10 to 12 temporary exhibitions of Slovak and foreign art.
pred 7 rokmi
Ak ma clovek chut stravit den v prekrasnej expozicii, plnej nadhernych diel, jednoznacne doporucujem navstivit Oravsku galeriu v Zupnom dome v Dolnom Kubine.
Promote your page
Increase your chance to take visitors.
Edit your page
Have you found any mistake, or is this page yours?